My Rating: ★★★★★
Genre(s): Graphic novel; comic; super hero; young adult
Plot: Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with the all-new Ms. Marvel and all her friends? Maybe Wolverine can help! If Kamala can stop fan-girling out about meeting her favorite super hero, that is. Then, Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity — by meeting the royal dog, Lockjaw! But why is Lockjaw really with Kamala? As Ms. Marvel discovers more about her past, the Inventor continues to threaten her future. Kamala bands together with some unlikely heroes to stop the maniacal villain before he does real damage, but has she taken on more than she can handle? And how much longer can Ms. Marvel’s life take over Kamala Khan’s? Kamala Khan continues to prove why she’s the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is!
- Volume 2 introduces one of my favorite X-Men, Wolverine, who Kamala immediately fan-girls over
- We find out Kamala is big into fan-fiction, and popular in that fandom
- She faces tougher choices here, making her question her abilities and her beliefs
- LOCKJAW OMG
- Bruno is such a cool dude
- Some of the panels were a little hard to follow, but I’m still new at this okay
My Thoughts: I closed Volume 1 and immediately opened Volume 2. It’s just so good! I loved all of the new introductions and the inhuman angle, and I really hope they explore this a bit more. I want to know what the heck is up with The Inventor, because I know enough about villains to know that he’s probably still alive.
Bruno and Kamala should just kiss already. Or hug or something.
Also, TELEPORTING PUPPER — who I also saw at the exhibit. I’ll put the pic up here when my pictures are all on my hard drive.